Friday, March 8, 2013

Spring Clean my Love Handles (and Life)!



Spring is gradually making its presence known and I, like many others, find myself longing for something different, something new and exciting. I want fresh air, sunshine and rainbows! I want white wine instead of red and (dare I say it) salad. –For those of you that don’t know salad is the one thing you will almost never see me order. So what if I’m a vegetarian? I still appreciate hearty meals. Give me melted butter, creamy potatoes and thick, cream sauces every day and I will die happy… in a hospital… with high blood pressure, diabetes, and a smile.

But spring is here and it is time to put away my gluttony and shed some of my winter weight. I must wean myself off oversized sweatshirts and perhaps even say goodbye to the thick, creamy soups that are responsible for a good chunk of my winter love handles.

Someday I might be persuaded to join a gym… maybe. I do occasionally walk around the block and opt for green tea instead of coffee. That counts, right?

The real motivation for change has more to do with aesthetics than health: I miss showing my legs! I want to shave and buff and polish until my stems are once again capable of stopping traffic. Superficial? Absolutely, but I’ll work with what I got. Does it matter why I put on my workout clothes as long as I get out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment