Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I'm your Dreamgirl, Boy. I'll make you happy!

It has been a while since my last post. Life in all it's weird, exiting insanity has conspired to suck away all my time. I joined a local production of Dreamgirls as a wardrobe assistant and halfway through the production was elevated to a member of the cast. It was weird. It was exciting and TERRIFYING, but I did it. It feels so good to say those words: I did it. Perhaps with the inexpert grace of an amateur, but that's not the point.

The show ended and my life began anew with the realization that I can do much, much more. If I stretch myself beyond these self-imposed boundaries, who knows what will happen? Will I rock every challenge or crash and burn? Like before, that's not the point. The point is to do it and surprise myself, to be hopeful instead of fearful.

What's next on the bucket list? Oh, just wait and see. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment